Saturday, October 29, 2005

Knitting, lately...

Lately, in my little world of knitting, i have been bogged down. I see things I want to make, but I try it and it's all wrong. Ok really, I have only tried one thing that hasn't worked, but man that was enough... I just gave up. I think I just have the wrong kind of yarn for what I want to do. Maybe, or I dont know what I am doing... I dont think my stitches are tight enough but I dont know how to get them tighter, because I am pulling the yarn alot. Stupid slip stitch scarf is what I am talking about... I think it's ok that I gave up because the yarn is green and yellow... and for some reason when I picked it up at the store, I thought it was green and white. Green and yellow, bleck. Maybe a baby hat.

Otherwise, I wanted to make a steering wheel cover (but i dont have a tape measure), i want to make arm/finger warmers (i lack the skillz), and derek is bugging the hell out of me for a felted hat. He even bought the yarn, so I have the yarn, just no pattern, and I cant find a pattern for a Basic Felted Beanie type hat. They all have those funky brims.

I guess I will just have to give it a go and see what happens... I really wanted a pattern so I wouldn't have to rip it out a million times. And I know that's what is going to happen, so that's why I haven't started it yet. Any knitter's out there that have a basic felted beanie/tobaggan type hat? Or heck, even know where I can BUY one? I am, at this point, willing to purchase a pattern.

Otherwise, i am working on a shawl for a friend right now. It's lovely. I will probably purchase this yarn afterwards and make me a scarf from it. I would post a picture of my progress, but eh, nosy eyes, and I dont want to give away the surprise. I will post pictures after I send it to her.

But another thing about the shawl: soft Super Chunky yarn and size 13 needles... does it get better than that? After my many stupid attempts at things I cannot conquer, mindless knitting is exactly what I need right now. So I am really enjoying it, which means that I will speed along on it and it will be over soon and she will get it sooner. :D hehe.

So that's my take on knitting right now. I have to put finishing touches on the baby hat & bib and they are going to their recipents, and dammit she better love them alot. :D hehe. But I will take a picture of those soon too.

No comments: